Thursday, October 9, 2008

Primary Resource


I made a questionnaire. I asked my grandmother about her experience and she explained that in Louisiana there are older people that use the Cajun dialect. Younger people in Louisiana do not use the Cajun language often its very rare to see a young person use it. I asked her are there certain places in Louisiana that speak the Cajun dialect and she explained that down in the southern part of Louisiana is where people speak the most Cajun.

I asked my grandmother if certain races use the Cajun dialect and she explained that she only heard of African American and southern whites that speak Cajun. I asked her do Cajun people have certain foods that they make she explained that of course the Cajun people had different foods she said that they have create different types of pastas and sea food dishes.She told me that the Cajun dialect is a very interesting language. She said it sounds like French and Southern languages put together.

No comments: